Please find below supporting documents and websites to ensure that your child's learning continues even if the school closes or if your child is having to self isolate.
As well as accessing the websites you can also support your child at home in the following ways:
- Read every day with your child and ask them questions about their book e.g. What can you tell me about the characters? How do you know how the characters are feeling....?
- Go over the spellings we have covered this year, which are in their homework books. Use the words in exciting sentences.
- Twinkl have also made some home learning packs which you can access via this link https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/year-3-school-closure-home-learning-resource-pack-t-e-2549912
- vhttps://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome/grades-3-5.html This website has some day by day activities that can be completed.
- https://ttrockstars.com/ Sign up for free and practice your times tables every day.
- https://www.robinhoodmat.co.uk/learning-projects/ - follow the week by week projects including some links to great websites too
- IXL- This is a paid website but extremely high quality and easy to use to boost Maths and Literacy skills https://uk.ixl.com/membership/family/pricing
- White Rose Maths is a great website https://whiterosemaths.com/ They are busy putting together some free packages to help with learning maths at home (these will be available soon) and they have some great free resources
-Below is the guidance from LCC regarding suggested activities for you to teach your child from home.
Many thanks, Mrs Milne and Mrs Drummond